Playing with Clay at Dionysia’s Ceramic Art Studio
(7 days holiday)
- Availability: April till November
- Group size: Max 8
- 4 Ceramic Lessons / approx. 8h Ceramics
- 7N stay in Zakynthos
- Accommodation w/breakfast
- Airport transfers
- 3 meals included (Vegeterian & Halal catered for)
- 3 island tours
In a peaceful village among olive groves, vineyards and lemon trees, Dionysia’s ceramic studio opens its doors to welcome you to a hands-on ceramics course. Get the wheel spinning, add a little water and play with clay. Let your hands and imagination collaborate as you create your unique piece. You will never be short of inspiration, surrounded by the natural beauty of this stunning island.
Dionysia will provide you with all necessary equipment, materials, inspiration, guidance and will encourage you to acquire or enhance your ceramic skills in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The course features throwing, firing, assembling pieces, glazing and decorating techniques.
As you will be practicing in a small group, tuition will be adapted to each participant’s specific needs, whether it is learning the fundamentals or taking existing skills to the next level.
Dionysia was born in Zakynthos. She remembers playing with mud as a kid under the lemon trees trying to make small figures.
When she finished high-school she studied ceramics in an art school in Athens for 5 years. She developed her skills working in ceramic studios in Athens and in 1996 she came back to Zakynthos and opened her own studio.
She creates ceramics in forms, colors and designs inspired from life and nature of Zakynthos.
- Greek family hospitality at its best
- Zakynthos' traditions & culture
- Attentive tuition by local professional ceramic artist
- Taste homemade fresh lemonade & enjoy a rustic country picnic lunch
- Discover the treasures of the old and modern Zakynthos town
- Visit St. Dennis magnificent church
- Go on a private island tour
- Taste authentic local cuisine & local wine varieties
- Swim at Shipwreck Beach & the Blue caves
- Swim in Laganas bay and swim alongside the sea turtle Caretta-Caretta
- Enjoy a magical sunset dinner
- A Farewell Greek celebration to Remember