Zakynthos Olive Harvest
(14 days holiday)
- Availability: mid October - February
- Group size: max 12
- 6h Olive harvest
- 1N Stay in Athens
- 13N Stay in Zakynthos
- Accommodation w/breakfast
- Airport transfers
- 1 Meal per day (Vegeterian & Halal catered for)
- Acropolis tour in Athens
- 10 tours in Zakynthos
Come and experience the great Greek tradition of olive picking in the autumn, working with the locals in an olive grove. Zakynthos produces some of the finest olive oil in the country, if not the World.
Harvest the olives straight from the trees by hand in the traditional way, using just an olive wood stick, then follow them to the olive press. Dip village bread into the warm fresh oil, which just hours before was a humble olive on a tree. A priceless experience!!!
Hands-on participation is optional. You may choose simply to be our guest and observe the process, enjoying the glowing green-and-gold autumn landscape.
The harvest days take place in the villages of Mouzaki and Romiri and include a country lunch in the shade of the olive trees. Simple, yet wonderful!
- A welcome evening meal in full view of the floodlit Acropolis
- Visit the most impressive ancient site in all of Greece “The Acropolis”
- Cross the Corinthian canal
- Greek family hospitality at its best
- Zakynthos' traditions & culture
- Hands on olives harvest experience at your hosts’ olive grove
- Follow the olives to the press & learn about the olive oil making process
- Taste fresh pure extra virgin olive oil
- Make Home-made infused olive oil and olives to take home
- Mushroom hunt, honey tasting & winery visit
- Taste authentic local cuisine and wine
- Enjoy a country BBQ with your hosts
- Visit the Gothic Abeloravdi mansion & a small cave church
- Spend a romantic evening in Zakynthos town & enjoy a serenated dinner
- Escape to the countryside and marvel at the Shipwreck Beach from a vantage point