Experience the most amazing Greek Easter of your life
(7 days holiday)
- Availability: 25 April to 2 May 2019 - 16 April to 23 April 2020
- Group size: Max 12
- 7N stay in Zakynthos
- Accommodation w/breakfast
- Airport transfers
- 1 meal per day (Vegeterian & halal catered for)
- 6 island tours
Easter (Pascha in Greek) is a major family festival in Greece and a significant celebration in the Greek Orthodox Church. It is celebrated in every corner of Zakynthos.
Encompassing traditional customs, our Easter programme includes cultural and gastronomic experiences throughout Holy Week, leading up to Easter. There will be hands-on cooking of Zakynthian delicacies, olive oil and wine tastings, trips to the countryside and seaside, plus traditional evenings out.
Activities include dyeing hard boiled Easter eggs and making Easter decorations you will be proud to take home.
You will attend the Resurrection parade, the midnight church ceremony on Holy Saturday, enjoy a traditional Mageiritsa dinner and eat spit-roast lamb on Easter Sunday.
The week is full, but allows plenty of time to relax/take siestas. This will be more than a holiday; it will be a memory to cherish, particularly impressive for first-time visitors to the island.
- Greek family hospitality at its best
- Zakynthos' traditions & culture
- Participate in Easter preparations
- Learn how to make Tsoureki and other local delicacies
- Be creative and make your own Easter candle
- Follow the night candlelit musical procession
- Taste lamp from the spit and Mageiritsa soup
- Make baklava
- Dance to the local rhythms of syrtaki
- Explore the inviting and blooming countryside
- Visit an impressive convent
- Visit a traditional winery and sample local wine varieties
- Swim at Shipwreck Beach & the Blue caves